Table of Contents
How to Connect Canon Rebel T6i to Computer – Easy Steps to Follow
Transferring photos from the camera to the computer is one of the universal and common activities that most people do to view and share digital photos. Connecting your camera to a PC to transfer photos is a surefire way.
Those who are professional, they know exactly how to Connect Canon Rebel T6i to Computer, but if you areabeginner to photography, who don’t readily know how to connect canon rebel t6i to a computer, this article explains a step-by-step guide to you so that you can easily transfer your photos to computer.
To support the beginners in your tech-related issues we are writing tons of how-to and step-by-step guides on the most popular issues so that you don’t have to research anymore.
Today we are covering how you can connect a Canon camera to a computer, so that you easily preview, printed, and share them. This guide is pretty much the same for both platforms, Mac and Windows. So without any further ado, let’s get started with our guide.
How to connect Canon rebel T6i/EOS 750D to computer
- Downloading images to the computer by (software installation)
This is the official and recommended method by cannon to transfer your photos from your camera to your computer. The Compact disk (CD) that came with your camera will be used in this process.
You can use any of that CD that comes with camera regardless of a model as they all carries the same software. Put the CD into the CD-ROM and install the EOS digital solution application.
- Never connect your camera to your computer before you install the Canon software, or else the software will not be installed correctly. And also check the system requirement for cannon software against the specifications of our computer.
- If you have installed the older version of the software, then update it to the latest version and then proceed.
Procedure to install the software
- First, turn on your computer.
- Then open the CD-ROM and insert the EOS Digital solution into the computer.
- The following windows will appear. Click on “Run SETUP.EXE”
- For MAC computer, double click on the CD-ROM icon from your desktop and then again double click on Canon EOS Digital Installer
- Now, select your location.
- Then select your country and then click Next
- If an app asking for your preferred language then select the desired language from the options that are displayed.
- Then on the next screen, click on the “Easy Installation”
- For Mac computer, click on Install.
Note: If youwant toinstallany additional software too, then click on “Custom Installation”
- Now close all the other running applications and then click on “OK”.
- Now, click on “Install.”
- Click on the YES button to accept the license agreement.
Note: If you are using windows 7, the application requires .NET Framework 4.5 in the procedure of installing. If it’s not installed, read the license agreement and click on “YES” to install it.
- After that, the following screen will appear, showing that the installation has begun.
- Click on Next.
- After that, the following screen will appear, asking you to register the application.
- Select the “No, I will register later” and click on “Next” as shown in the image below. (if you want to register the application then select the “Yes I would” option and complete the registration procedure.)
- Then, click on “ok”.
- Then click on “Finish”
After installation, the application will ask you to restart the computer, click on the restart button. And don’t forget to remove the CD from CD-ROM after your computer restarts.
Connecting the camera and the computer
- Firstly, make sure that the camera is not connected to the camera and then turn on the camera.
- Then, press the MENU buttonto see the menu.
- Now, you need to turn off the camera’s Auto power setting.
- Now, navigate and Press the [ < ], [ > ] keys to select the [setting] tab, as shown in the image below:
- Then, Press the [ upper arrow ] or [ down arrow ] buttons to select the Auto power off option, & then press [ set ].
- Use the [ upper arrow ], [ down arrow ] buttons to select Disable option, & then press [ set ].
- Now hit the menu button to turn off the display on LCD and then turn off the camera.
- Now, it’s time to plug the interface cord into the USB port on your computer.
- Plug one end of the port into the computer.
- And then connect the other end of the cable to the digital terminal on the front side of the camera.
Downloading/ transferring images into the computer
- Turn ON the camera.
- The EOS Utility version 3.x will start.
In case, it doesn’t start automatically, click on Start, then All programs, then Cannon Utilities, then EOS utility, then EOS utility.
• For Windows 8: Right-click on the Start button and then click on All apps placed at the bottom right side of your window screen to see the Apps screen. And Then, click on EOS Utility.
• For Windows 8.1: Click ↓ placed on the lower left side of the Start menu to see the full Apps, and then click EOS Utility.
• For Mac OS X: you will see an icon of EOS Utility on the home screen or dock. Click the EOS Utility icon on the Dock.
Note: If you start the EOS utility before connecting the camera to the computer, then the EOS app will display the following screen, in such case, close the EOS utility window and first connect the camera and then open the EOS launcher again.
- Then you will see the main windows for EOS utility appearing, click on Download images to a computer.
- To import or download the pictures and videos that are saved in your camera or the memory card, click on the start automatic download from the options.
By default, the imported or downloaded will be saved into the “My Pictures” folder or any folder that you have specified and will be sorted into the folders according to their shooting date. If you want to change the destination of downloaded images, you can do so by clicking on preferences and select the location or folder where you want to save the downloaded pictures.
You can also click on the select and download to choose the images that you want to download.
- Then the images that you selected will be downloaded to your computer.
- When all the images are downloaded, it’ll display the images.
Confirming if the images are downloaded or not
The images that are downloaded to your computer will be displayed as thumbnails list in the main window.
The pictures will be saved in the folder according to the shooting date. On selecting any particular folder the app will automatically display the pictures recorded in that folder.
The last lines
So, this was all about How to Connect Canon Rebel T6i to Computer, wehave written this step-by-step guide so that you get to know all the details related to your concern.
If you are willing to learn more operations after you connecting the camera to the computer, refer to the camera manual that comes with your camera, you might find some amazing things about your camera.