10 Best Gimbals for Sony A6600 in 2021 – Reviewed
The release of the Sony a6600 has proved incredibly competitive, and the mirrorless camera has rapidly expanded its market share and developed in a brief time an extensive core consumer base.
Like any other competing camera bodies, we have seen so many people on the photographs and videographers’ side who have achieved such an excellent initial publication, with various questions for the camera.
We know that the Sony a6600 is a standard camera body for many vloggers traveling away from the power outlet and their adventures for long periods.
If you are in this position, you can prolong the battery life of your 6600 and your Gimbal by supplying your camera accessories with a good, high-performance USB power bank.
Today, we will concentrate on one of the most famous issues we saw from the video side of things, and that’s what is currently the best Gimbal for Sony’s 6600 camera owners.
In the last few months, we have seen rising numbers of videographers going out, and the number of people reaching out is growing consistently.
Ten Best Gimbal for Sony A6600
As a result, we agreed to base the article on the topic and try to help anyone who owns the A6600 and wants to add a handheld pad to their camera accessories set.
- Designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras
- 6.6 lb camera and equipment payload
- Foldable in underslung fashion
- 1′′ black and white screen of OLED
- SuperSmooth stabilizing function for longer zoom lenses DJI titanium stabilization algorithm
- Two NATO mounts for specific attachments, including the handle for a short case
- Optional transmission system DJI RavenEye 1080p
- Integrated handle with built-in batteries for 14 hours
- App for iOS 11+/Android 7.0+
- Time-lapse, panorama, 360 roll, and other features
- Manfrotto dual-layer with Arca-Swiss video installation framework
- Switch to portrait mode with a single tape
The DJI RSC 2, which supports up to 6.6 lbs of camera and plenty of accessories, is for mirror-free and DSLR cameras. The engines of RSC 2, which is the ancestor of this renovated torch, are 50% more potent than those of the Ronin-SC. One of the main features of the RSC 2 is a foldable design for underslung mode switching. For Sony a6600, DJI RSC 2 is the perfect Gimbal.
- Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer Three-Axis
- Mirrorless cameras equipped
- Operation one-handed, 4.4 lb Max.
- Smartphone Control Force Mobile
The updated DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal is now supports the Sony a6600 entirely with the new firmware update. CRONIN is a three-axis single-handle gimbal, more miniature and more light, built for compact cameras with a mirrorless size of below 4.4 lb. It is very compact and makes it possible to carry the Gimbal for a longer span with a fixed camera. Ronin-SC Gimbal weighs only 2.4 lb.
It has two locking modes to balance and store your camera battery. In its compact shape, it packages a wealth of features, design improvements, and technologies.
It has a 360° continuous tensioning, stability, pan, tilt and roll control to generate stable 3D/360° motion shots. It is one of the best gimbals for the sony16600 and its features are:
- The capacity of 9.25 lb
- Moza iFOCUS Smart Wireless Mirror System Support Available
- It enables you to see your camera’s LCD without obstruction
- 12 physical buttons for Gimbal, monitor, and configuration control
- Smart wheel, joystick, and intelligent trigger controls can be catered for various types of shooting
- Feedback display of OLED information
- 16-hour off-four batteries included 18650 Li-Po.
- Input/output ports with the optional Moza cable adapters to support Gimbal, camera, and accessories
- Various features of time-lapse, including phase lapse, time-lapse monitoring timelapse zoom
- Smart self-tuning system
- Visual markers/balancing identification details
- The fast release mechanism for mechanical memory
- Threaded hole 3/8′′-16 on the front handle of the fingertip and 1/4′′-20 and 3/8′′-16 on the bottom.
With a 9.25 lb weight range, newly optimised high-torque movers and many others, the Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal stabiliser has been revamped in the comparison to previous models. The high weight permits a broader spectrum of sensors and a broader range of cameras and lenses to be used.
The Air 2 also supports the optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System, which offers normal and automatic focus and zoom control directly from the Air 2 in many models (with pre-set starting-end points).
Another standing feature of Air 2 is that, due to the angled motor arm, it clears and offers an uneventful view of the LCD camera.
There are 12 actual power buttons and adjustments such as a shutter, aperture, and exposure correction for gimbal and sensor (where applicable). Joystick, intelligent wheel, and the smart trigger can be adapted for various shooting types in several variations. On an OLED monitor that gives intuitive knowledge input, most settings and customizations, as well as gimbal status, is verified.
- Payload 10 lb
- Innovative Gimbal Design Top Handle
- Used two-handed
- Simple mode to switch to underslung
With the inclusion of a top handle, the Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB brings the gimbal style differently. The CRANE 3 LAB can be used with two hands for maximum stabilization with an included mini tripod on the ground and the firm, ergonomic handle on the roof.
Also, the handle allows the user to turn smoothly to underslung mode, with one or two hands, and to achieve imaginative shots like 360° roller shots while approaching a subject.
The CRANE 3 LAB also offers additional involvements such as wireless transmission and the ability to stabilize loads of up to 10 lb. In addition to this revolutionary concept
- Max 10.14 lb (4.6 kg) payload changes, easy to use with ordinary DSLR and cinema
- Detachable modular interface, switch between a single handle and a separate remote hyperlink for other shooting scenes.
- Fast camera plate configuration to achieve an accurate, fast installation in a second.
- The lower mounting plate is Manfrotto PL501 compatible, the upper rapid release plate supports ARCA fast release system, which is easy to turn between two standard fast release systems and AK4500.
- Three-axis engine lock designs to achieve comfortable equilibrium and storage
- To explicitly set parameters and modify mode without an APP touch-panel function.
- A complete view of Chinese/English to improve interactivity
- Friendly mobile lock and unlock to avoid incorrect contact
- Just click a single icon and join the Dutch-Angle shoot, long exposure time lamp/vlog selfie/vertical TikTok shoot directly and get a more common shooting mode
- Provision of USB cable/wireless access to capture/record/timelapse
- Dual USB ports are available for remote focus/zoom in&out.
- To suit various uses, customize trigger, speed/die zone, engine control, etc.
- Self-adapting motor control and adapting engine power to fit with additional cameras and lenses
The Feiyu AK4500 is a lightweight three-axis gimbal stabilizer that can accommodate up to 10.1 lb of loads, improving its predecessor, the AK4000.
It has been equipped with an angled motor arm, so your camera screen can’t be stopped by something and offers 360° pan, 230° tilting, and 360° rolling motion. This is perfect for a a6600 camera and easy to use with excellent functions.
- DSLR, Mirrorless Camera
- 4.5 lbs Approximately Capacity
- Battery Life 12 to 14 hours
- Product Dimension 30 x 19 x 14 cm
- Weight 2.04 lb (0.926 kg)
A worthwhile addition to our best camera roster is Zhiyun WEEBILL-S. An excellent, light-fitting body with an unusual sling mode helps to catch shots smoothly.
But this is just the edge of the iceberg. WEEBILL-S is equipped with new engines and an improved algorithm for the optimal camera balance. You will still get cinematographic images by stabilizing the camera and lens combination on this Gimbal.
Also available with a new TransMount Image Transmission Module, WEEBILL-S Gimbals. This adapter enables you to track your shots and make live transmissions, including LUT, pseudocolor and focus peaking functions with 1080p30 HD camera and pro-grade functions. The module also functions with a different WiFi.
The WEEBILL-S provides ViaTouch 2.0, instant gimbal configuration, and six shooting modes to help you unleash your imagination. It also has a two-in-one quick release system, a new axis lock, and an automatic and manual focus/zoom adjustment control wheel. This Top Slidebox has three 1⁄4″ thread holes for DSLR and mirrorless cameras and various accessories.
In our view, the Zhiyun Weebill S is the no better choice at printing, if not the best mirrorless camera stabilizers released so far, than the one that we believe is Zhiyun Weebill S.
It provides anything in a gimbal, regardless of your background. Its low price tag makes it an obvious choice. The latest update to Zhiyu’s Gimbal collection has been launched simultaneously as the 6600 too.
The Sony’s a6600 is one of Sony’s new launches of mirror-free Sony Alpha, but a little heavier than its old cameras, it has a payload of about 1.11 pounds.
This is the standard camera body with the camera battery inserted. You are free of any batteries so that the weight of the system is not measured by how many lenses and other equipment weights are determined for your camera.
However, the Weebill S is currently one of the biggest mirror-free camera gymnastics on the market, with an assisted payload weight of just over 6.6 pounds. It almost ensures the Weebill S can safely handle its weight without problem, regardless of the configuration you use for your A6600.
The program also provides a lot of insight into the future as it also supports a wide variety of standard DSLR camera rigs in the future as an option to update to a DSLR.
- 1.6 kg weight (3.53 lbs)
- Utility maximum: 4.2 kg (9 lbs)
- Duration of battery: 16 hours
The Moza AirCross 2 is heavier at 3.53 pounds (1.6 kilograms.) The model can accommodate many mirrorlesses, DSLR, pocket, and 4.2 kg-weight camera(s) with a high torque FOC technology engine to provide your skilled shots with the required balance.
This same engine is lower than the Gimbal itself so that when you fire, the visor stops. The auto-tuning mechanism detects the heavy movement of your camera.
You’ll get up to 16 hours of Li-ion 18650 alternating batteries, but the four-axis battery on the Air 2 is much more impressive. The fourth axis, iFocus, except the regular three axes. You can control focus and zoom with this new addition. The eight modes that follow allow you to monitor your subject in full.
The foundation is removable and can be connected to the handgrip. You can use it as an extra handgrip to support the tripod base in both hands if you are not using it. The handle comes with the back OLED pad, joystick, control panel, ISO button, opening, and shutter speed left and right side.
On the right side, there is an ISO shutter. The Roto Wheel on the side allows you to adapt it to many different tasks, such as focus adjustment.
- 1.5 kg weight (3.3 lbs)
- Usage maximum: 1.2 kg (2.64 lbs)
- The lifetime of battery: 9 hours
- Suitable for and beyond APS-C cameras
This is the best gimbal for sony a6600 because FeiyuTech G6 Max represents a significant move forward, integrating Bluetooth to connect to the smartphone and using state-of-the-art adjustment technology that adapts to various cameras.
It weights only 1.5 pounds and has the characteristics that make it a good thing to remember. The G6 can also attach to smartphones and is one of the most potent gimbals on the market, compatible with a wide variety of pocket video and action cameras, mirrorless cameras, with short lenses. Despite its compactness, the G6 weighs 1,2 kg (2.64 pounds.)
The Gimbal offers automatic rotational and shutter control functions, which simplify and professionalise your time-lapse photography. The “Magic Focus Ring” allows you to monitor rotate, zoom, concentration, and parameter modification of the three axes, including IS0, WB, and exposure value.
The 360 degrees of vertical and horizontal rotation is possible with an ingenious three-axis configuration. You can power the Gimbal from the mobile with Bluetooth communication or even use the Magic Focus Ring. Also highly adaptable is the G6 Max frame.
- Mirrorless Camera Compatibility
- Capacity loading 4 lb (1.8 kg)
- 12 hours of Battery Life
- 156 x 171 x 338 mm product dimension
- 1.93 lb Weight (879 g, excluding battery)
RedDog R1 Mirror-free gimmick is a 3-axis stabilizer that incorporates upright modes into a rotating handle and transfers them.
By pressing a button, anytime you need to capture footage from the hip, you can change the mode easily. The R1 has Universal Tracking, Locked Down, and Horizontal Track modes for constant and static focus moves.
Other features of this mirrorless camera include integrated Bluetooth, a simple to portable handle, an individual fast release plate, and a 60-second easy balance interface.
RedDog R1 has 12 hours of battery life, meaning you can use the dual 3200 mAh Lithium battery to take pictures every day. The stabilizer works with the mirrorless cameras Canon EOS, Panasonic GH4, and GH5, Nikon D, and CAD.
Another luxury model for high-tech stabilization is DJI Ronin-SC Pro. You can instantly see with its sleek space-age architecture that this Gimbal means business.
The magnesium frame is one of the longest-lasting frames ever to be found. The Ronin-SC Pro is just 0.9 pounds long, and for both its size and ability, is remarkably lightweight. Cameras up to 1,8 kilograms are assisted (4 pounds.)
You will keep your battery on maximum charge for up to 11 hours, which is somewhat lower than the predecessor for the model, the Ronin-S. You can change between controls quickly thanks to the focused joystick, the button M, and the record button, as well as the DJI Focus.
The new element is the switch in which both army and axes can be locked. You can charge or attach to your camera with a single USB-C. The handset activity can also be replicated with Bluetooth.
This latest function enables you to monitor objects with your camera and tablet, along with The Active Track 3.0. It is beneficial.
The Gimbal is provided with a tripod frame, and you can move smoothly between them by pushing a button. The camera plate is mounted on a moving arm that enables you to take unbelievable accuracy and control while shooting.
A lack of a picture button is the one drawback of this beautiful Gimbal in the hardware. Even without turning them on in the app, you cannot run any of the modes. If this is not, the Gimbal made for vlogging is safe and secure.
- 0.9 kg Weighs (2 lbs)
- Applicable load maximum: 1.8 kg (4 lbs)
- A lifetime of battery: 11 hours
- Suitable for most cameras with mirrorless and for vlogging
The Sony Alpha a6600 is a lightweight but completely featured APS-C-friendly camera focusing on speed and usability. The camera is suitable for both stills and videos.
The A6600 is able to produce high-resolution images and videos up to 4K without time limits for shooting, processing efficiency, and quick focusing with its updated 24.2MP CMOS sensor.
With 425 phase-detection points and 425 contrast sensing areas, the 4D FOCUS system, covering 84% of the picture frame, provides particularly fast, intuitive output with Eye AF for photo and video.
FEATURES AND COMPATIBILITY
- Lens interface Sony E-mount
- The fastest AF in the world at 0.02 sec. w/ Real-time AF & object tracks
- 24,2MP LSI and ISO front end APS-C Exmor® sensors up to 102,400
- Continual 24.2MP RAW/AF/AE firing up to 11 fps
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast sensor AF points of more than 84%
- Echtzeit AF Tracking, Echtzeit Eye AF for person, animal, film
- Speed advantage 5 stage shutter, 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- Complete pixel re-reading, no binning of pixels 4K movie 2.4x
- Video LCD XaVC S, HLG, S-log2&3, slow/quick frame rates, 4:2:2 HDMI out, micro and 180-degree tiltable 3-inches touchscreen
- Battery with long-life Z-series
- Format of the camera: APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Up to 6000 x 4000 resolution;
- Ratio aspect: 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- CMOS sensor type: 23.5 x 15.6 mm sensor size.
- Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis Image Stabilization.
- Unlimited Recording Limit
- Built-in Microphone (stereo), Microphone external input (Stereo)
- 120mm x 66.9mm x 69.3 mm Specifications
- Weight: 503 grams
Now people are still calling out and asking questions about balancing their kid. Even though older generations of kidney beads can be a little painful, most modern kidneys can be balanced.
That said, we saw a slight rise in people asking about balancing again because we had many problems with the new AK gimbal set from Feiyutech.
Over the years, the Zhiyun balance mechanism has been modified to the method that is used with the Weebill Lab by its different gimbals.
It’s short and easy to balance and a perfect explanation of how it should be done from the user manual. You don’t need to think about balance the Gimbal because if you get stuck, you’re able to read a lot of guides online.
In terms of pictures, no number of costly equipment will replace a decent education. You have to waste your funding if you pick up the camera and expect award-winning shots.
There is no need to enroll in a structured curriculum, but many excellent books and tools are available. Bryan Peterson’s “Understanding Exposure” is the one brilliant book that many photographers swear by (and is constantly updated).
Don’t be afraid to take a continued education workshop, read books and blogs, or watch YouTube videos. If all you had to do were aim and shoot, you’d use your phone.
Sony made some decent enhancements to the leading autofocus system by incorporating real-time monitoring and real-time eye AF.
It is suitable for both picture and video filming to have a larger grip and an incredible battery life. And the five-axis stabilization of the A6600 gives the competitors a leg, mainly if they use non-stabilized prime lenses.
However, it is strange that Sony did not upgrade the sensor on the latest iteration, as the sensor technology is the world leader.
The poor shutter was the most significant flaw of the original A6500, and the A6600 has been haunted again. In 2019, the X-T3 and the Z 50, Canon’s M6II and Panasonic’sGH5 will be competing, with none of which have an almost as noticeable rolling shutter. I would also like to have two quicker 4K slots and a higher 4K option.