11 Best Cameras For Car Photography – 2021 Reviewed
Cars are very appealing objects to people since the very beginning of their manufacture. Some people are even obsessed with them.
People love to take pictures of their favourite cars. Set it as their wallpapers and paste posters in their room. All of this is possible because of some amazing photography of cars. Talking about photography of cars a question about best cameras for car photography pops into mind.
Photographers by passion and profession are always looking for the best cameras for best pictures. The automobile is a billion-dollar industry. Taking captivating and attractive pictures of cars for advertisement purposes is very important. It is also considered as art. Some people do it as a hobby too. Cars have millions of fans, so this passion does not go unserved. It supports financially too.
- 1.Panasonic Lumix GH5
- 2.Sony Alpha a6500 – Best Cameras for Car Photography
- 3.Sony a7III – Best Sony Camera for Car Photography
- 4.Fujifilm X-T3 – Best Fujifilm Camera for Car Photography
- 5.Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera – Best cameras for Car Photography
- 6.Canon EOS Rebel T6 – Best Canon camera for car Photography
- 7.Nikon D7500 – Best Nikon Camera for car Photography
- 8.Nikon D850 – Best Cameras for car Photography
- 9.Canon EOS Rebel SL3 – Best Cheap Camera for car Photography
- 10.CANON EOS 5D MARK IV – Best cameras for car Photography
- 11.Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II – Best Digital Camera for car Photography
Companies are always looking for good photographers to take pictures of cars that entice and amaze viewers and attract customers. It is very important to take this task seriously. Cameras have also been improved very much with the time being.
With the advancement in cameras, it is very important to know all the bits about them. All the brands that are manufacturing good products and the latest products with the latest and advanced features.
All the technical bits have to be understood before buying them. If you are in search of the best cameras for car photography, we are here to ease your concern. We will tell you about the latest best cameras, their features, and their availability. That is awesome! Isn’t it?
Best Cameras for Car Photography
- Panasonic Lumix GH5
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Sony a7III Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera
- Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- Nikon D7500
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR Camera
- CANON EOS 5D MARK IV
- Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
- 20.3 Megapixel micro four-thirds sensor
- OLED viewfinder
- 5-axis dual image stabilization system
- Records silky smooth 4K 60P/50P (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160/ MOV or MP4) video with internal 4: 2: 2 10-bit 4K video recording
- Exclusive 6K photo and 4K post focus records photos up to 60Fps
- 3.5millimeter audio port
- Connect to devices with USB 3.0
- An external monitor or external Recorder with a full-size HDMI port
Panasonic Lumix GH5 is the best yet costly camera with outstanding features. It is a mirrorless camera with advanced features. It is an optimum choice for professional photographers.
It has a unique OLED viewfinder which most of the mirrorless cameras lack. Its image stabilization makes its use more lovely. Anyone who is seeking some high-quality pictures and videos of cars must buy it. It is amongst the top cameras in the best cameras for car photography list.
2.Sony Alpha a6500 – Best Cameras for Car Photography
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmore sensor w/ advanced processing up to ISO 51.200
- Wide 425 phase-detection AF points
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- 11fps continuous shooting to 269 frames at 24.2MP w/ AE/AF tracking
- 4K movie w/ 2.4x oversampling
Sony Alpha a6500 is also an advanced camera made by Sony. It is also a mirrorless camera with a fast processing speed. It has an incredible shooting pace of 11 fps which is very useful in high-quality video recording. Although it is an amazing camera, the lack of optical viewfinder reduces user experience. But the image and video quality are outstanding. It is great for recording a video but unfortunately not on the top of the list.
3.Sony a7III – Best Sony Camera for Car Photography
- 24.2 MP EXMOR Back Screen Illuminated Full Frame Image Sensor
- BIONZ X image processor
- 35mm sensor
- ISO up to 51200
- 10-fps continuous shooting rate
- 4K HDR movie recording
- 5-axis optical image stabilization
- 3-inch 922k-dot touchscreen LCD
- NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 693 phase-detection AF points
Sony a7III is an amazing camera for car photography. It is a very professional camera. It has a remarkable battery life which makes it a favorite choice of many people. a touchscreen LCD makes it very easy to use. Image and videos of great quality are obtained with ease by using this camera. It is a mirrorless camera without a built-in flash. But marvelous pictures and videos are shot with its help. The quality of the pictures is very fine.
4.Fujifilm X-T3 – Best Fujifilm Camera for Car Photography
- 26.1MP APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor.
- Internal SD card 4K/60P 4: 2: 0 10bit recording
- 11fps continuous shooting burst rate
- OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.69m-dot resolution and a high 0.75x magnification
- 2.16m-point phase-detection autofocus system
Fujifilm X-T3 is an excellent choice for taking images of a car. It has a magical electronic viewfinder that gives it a touch of brilliance. It is a 26.1-megapixel camera that gives a fabulous image. It is a weather-resistant camera which makes it safer to use in locations with inclement weather. It contains a burst rate of 11 frames per second which very appealing. It a camera for professionals who opt for some impressive shots.
5.Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera – Best cameras for Car Photography
- APS-C sensors
- 24.2 MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- Native ISO 100-25600 for night pictures
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Multi-CAM 1000 11-Point AF System
- Snap-Bridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- EN-EL 14a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
Nikon D3500 is DSLR Camera that is laced with an impressive sensor and processor. The thing about this camera is that it is very user friendly and easy to ease. It has a guide mode that enables it to be used by people with no prior experience of cameras. It is a complete package for people who are new to the photography profession or passion. The images obtained by it are great and the price is also reasonable.
6.Canon EOS Rebel T6 – Best Canon camera for car Photography
- APS-C format digital SLR camera
- 18MP CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- 14-bit Analog/Digital conversion
- ISO range from 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- Multi-Shot Noise Reduction
- 3-inch 920k-dot LCD screen
- LP-E10 rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Canon EOS Rebel T6 is a DSLR camera with very suitable attributes. Its features are great as compared to its price. It is a very budget-friendly camera. It has a compact and sleek design. Not very heavy like other DSLR cameras. It has not the top qualities yet it too low. It is easy to use especially for newcomers in this field. It is easy to travel with.
7.Nikon D7500 – Best Nikon Camera for car Photography
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- 3.2-inch 922k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Native ISO 51200, Expanded ISO
- Multi-CAM 3500FX II 51-Point AF System
- Snap-Bridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- 8 fps Shooting for aprx 100 Frames
Nikon D7500 its features are in-between, not too great but not too low. After some improvements in D3500, D7500 eas launched. The price of this camera is reasonable. The megapixels, processors, and sensors are appropriate if not too good. 4k image quality is very likable. It is not necessarily for the beginners but it can give a very reasonable quality shoot. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity makes it more applicable. Touchscreen LCD enhances its features.
8.Nikon D850 – Best Cameras for car Photography
- 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS sensor
- ISO range of 64 to 25,600
- EXPEED 5 processor
- Back Side Illuminated system with FX-format full-frame CMOS sensors
- EN-EL 15a rechargeable battery
- 3.2-inch tilting touch-screen LCD
- Bluetooth as well as Wi-Fi connectivity
- Remote controller
Nikon D850 is a masterpiece of cameras. It a great choice amongst the best cameras for car photography. 45.7 megapixels full-frame sensors produce an awesome picture. The video quality is also amazing although it has a time limit of 30 min. its price maybe a bit high but the features are incredible. It is a highly equipped professional camera. The price is worth paid is indeed accounted for the fine detail hidden around each corner.
9.Canon EOS Rebel SL3 – Best Cheap Camera for car Photography
- 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-25600 image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus
- 3-inch 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and remote camera control from a mobile phone
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is a bit costly than other rebels of the same company but its features give the reasons. The touchscreen LCD is one of the advanced and user-friendly features added to this camera. It gives many professional features too. The Wi-Fi availability enables instant sharing of the pictures. A remote camera controls us also an interesting feature of this product. It makes it more portable. Autofocus options are very good which justifies its price.
10.CANON EOS 5D MARK IV – Best cameras for car Photography
- 30.4 MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Mark IV’s 61-point autofocus
- ISO range 100-32000 with 50-102400 expansion
- 61-point AF system containing 41 cross-points for expanded vertical coverage
- 3-inch touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
CANON EOS 5D MARK IV is the powerhouse of Canon. It is used by professionals as well as advanced amateurs. Its processing speed is very good. And the resolution is also off the chart as compared to other Canon products. It is a bit pricier but all the features are highly advanced which justifies its price. Its autofocus is incredible it also competes well with other competitors for the best cameras for car photography. It works very smoothly and quickly. It gives a very HD and 4k quality image and video.
11.Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II – Best Digital Camera for car Photography
- 1 inch, 20.1 Megapixel High sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Digic 7 image processor
- Work efficiently with iOS versions 8.4,9.3 and 10.2 and Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.1,4.2,4.3,4.4,5.0,5.1,6.0,7.0,7.1
- Touch screen panel (capacitive type)
- Ultra-slim, lightweight and pocket-size camera
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II owns a point to shoot camera. It is a camera with very easy to use features. It is a pocket-size camera. Its design is very slim and lightweight. Its features are not very complex that is why beginners easily handle the device. Its sensors are good if not great compared to any other cameras. It is a very economical camera. It is competent android and iOS thus it is very advanced. It has a reasonable low light performance.
If you are in search of a buying guide for the best cameras for car photography, you have come to the right place.It is very importantto properly research the market when buying anything.
Many important points should be kept in mind when looking for the best cameras for car photography. The suitable camera depends on the person and his abilities to handle it. The purpose of which cameras are to be used is also important. Different cameras offer different options for taking pictures and making videos.
- Mirrorless cameras
Mirrorless cameras are without a mirror that is found in DSLR but they give very good quality pictures. They also have changeable lenses like DSLRs. These products do not have an optical viewfinder and are always in a live view. They are very good for video recording because of the live view.
Mirrorless cameras are recommended to beginners. The features of these cameras are not very complex. They are less heavy than DSLR cameras. When looking for the best cameras for car photography they serve as a good option.
- DSLR cameras
DSLRs provide much better image quality than compact cameras. DSLR cameras have an optical viewfinder. It is an interesting and important feature that requires a very low battery.
The battery life of these cameras is much better than other cameras. That is why many professionals use DSLRs. They capture some very good quality pictures. Interchangeable lenses can be used with DSLRs too.
They provide different aperture sizes and sensor sizes. It highly improves the picture quality and background view. They are much heavier than mirrorless cameras.
- Point and shoot cameras
They are very compact, affordable, and user-friendly cameras. Their sensors are larger than smartphone cameras. Waterproof point and shoot cameras have comparatively low zoom quality than other point and shoot cameras.
These cameras can prove to be a good choice for people who are taking pictures as a hobby. For professional photographers, mirrorless and DSLR cameras are recommended. The lenses used in DSLR and mirrorless cameras give a wider aperture.
- Suitable price
It is very important to choose a camera that falls within your price range. Beginners should never spend a large sum of money on expensive cameras. It is suitable to invest almost $500 for cameras.
Many get away with far less than this price. It is because many expensive cameras have features that most people do not have to use. People should choose cameras according to their activities for passion and profession.
- Megapixels and sensors
The picture does not depend on megapixels only. Point to shoot cameras with large megapixels cannot compare to DSLRs. It is because of the large sensors that are used in DSLRs. Larger sensors capture more light.
They improve the picture in low light and give better colors and contrasts. Also, the skill set matters a lot when taking pictures. It is very important to know if you are looking for the best cameras for car photography.
- Speed and performance
When looking for the best cameras for car photography, it is very important to know which cameras track objects better. Mirrorless cameras are a good choice when shooting videos.
For shooting cars, it is important to know which cameras take more pictures per second. Look for at least 5fps (frames per second) camera. Some cameras provide 10 to 20 fps but usually, they are not much needed. All these points should be taken into account when choosing the best cameras for car photography.
It is very important to develop sharp skills to hold and take pictures from a camera. Cameras with interchangeable lenses provide more versatility in the pictures. It is up to the photographer to use his creative skills to capture good quality photographs. Even if you have one of the best cameras for car photography, the skillset is also important to use it.
Frequently ask questions
Which brands manufacture the best cameras?
Many brands are in the market that are producing pretty amazing and advanced cameras. Some of them are Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus and Fuji Films, etc. It depends upon the user’s purpose and price range when choosing the best cameras for car photography.
Is megapixel the most important thing to consider when buying a camera?
No, megapixel is not the most important feature to consider when buying a camera. APS-C sensors and field control is also considered. A picture taken from high resolution and megapixels cannot be necessarily as good as a picture taken from a DSLR camera.
What features in cameras should be considered for car photography?
For professional people which are hired by companies to take pictures of the car with high-resolution cameras like Nikon D850 should be considered. Amateurs should use budget-friendly cameras like canon and point to shoot cameras like Canon PowerShot G9X Mark II should be used.
What cheapest and latest cameras I can buy in 2021?
People can settle for good cameras which are less than $500. The EOS canon Rebel T6 and the Nikon D3500 are good options for people.
There are many advanced cameras in the market. Also, the prices are not very absurd. The thing is people with creativity can take fairly good pictures with reasonable cameras. More professional people with a high budget can use expensive cameras too.
Many things like megapixels, sensor speed, fps (frames per second), field control, battery life, Wi-fi, Bluetooth should be considered when buying the best cameras for car photography. Point to shoot cameras is easy to use and handle. Starters can also use mirrorless cameras while DSLRs are surely for skilled people.